Twin Valley Telephone is looking for a full time Field Service Technician to install and maintain broadband and communication services in our growing footprint in central Kansas. This person will primarily be responsible to install fiber, copper, and wireless broadband services. This person will also install and maintain all other business and residential core service offerings as needed, perform applicable maintenance duties as related to proper upkeep of network, building and fleet assets.
What the ideal person will bring to the role:
- Ideas and solutions that lead to a continually better-quality of service and top-tier experience for our customers.
- A passion to serve others.
- A desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- A curiosity for the technologies that facilitate our services.
- A team first mentality.
- Enjoy collaborating with others and likes to have fun.
- Install and maintain LOS and NLOS wireless Internet service for customers
- Installs residential voice, hosted/streaming video, Internet services and equipment.
- Installs business service offerings such as Business Pulse Internet and Hosted Voice.
- Network quality improvement duties and projects.
- Installation and termination of standard ethernet and power over ethernet cabling.
- Safely and effectively work on ladders, roofs and at elevated heights up to 45 feet.
- Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
- Maintains updated maps of cable system; locates buried cable as needed.
- Performs related construction tasks as required.
- Performs routine maintenance on trucks, buildings, and any network related assets as assigned.
- Utilization of all company provided software and tools to do job more efficiently.
- Utilization of weekly check-in software as part of an ongoing dialogue between team member and supervisor regarding expectations, objectives, and results.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Able to read and understand maps and blueprints.
- Two to three years telecommunications technical experience preferred.
We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans. Twin Valley’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan. Twin Valley offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, employee discounts, and community charity support to just name a few.
Interested applicants may submit cover letters and resume to Twin Valley Telephone, Inc., P O Box 395, Miltonvale, KS 67466 Attn: Ashley Woodworth or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Resumes accepted until position is filled.
Twin Valley Telephone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origins, citizenship, sex, veteran’s status, age or disability